For many people, showering and bathing do not just mean cleaning their own body – they are moments of relaxation to enjoy, and what better way to enrich this moment than by listening to your favorite music.
Anyone looking for a waterproof Bluetooth speaker for the shower will have noticed that there is a wide range to choose from. If you’re interested in a bathtime speaker but struggling to decide, check out shower Bluetooth speaker reviews here.
Shower Bluetooth Speaker Reviews
INSMY C12 IPX7 Waterproof Bluetooth Shower Speaker
This is a versatile small waterproof speaker on the cheaper end of the price range. Even so, it still works very well and exceeds its weight for something at this price point – so it’s a good choice if you get what you pay for.
It is 100% waterproof, resistant to dust, bumps, rain, and snow. You can use it in the shower, but because it’s so light and portable, you can take it with you wherever you go. It can also be submerged up to a meter deep in water for about 30 minutes and still works very well.
When fully charged, you can expect around 12 hours of music at 70% of maximum volume. It can also be charged quickly and is ready for use in around three to four hours.
Above all, it has a lot of volume for the shower. Of course, that won’t shake the walls, but you wouldn’t expect anything like that from a speaker of this class. The sound quality is also impressive.
Pros and Cons of the INSMY C12 IPX7 Waterproof Bluetooth Shower Speaker
- It has a range of approximately 20 meters in a continuous line and comes with a string and suction cup, making it convenient and easy to hang in the shower while you wash.
- Another feature we like is the fact that it has a built-in microphone. It can be connected to your smartphone and you can use it to make hands-free calls and access Siri or Google.
- If you’re listening to podcasts or something else that uses speech instead of music, you may need to turn the bass down on the source or you may have trouble hearing the speakers.
This is an affordable and reliable Bluetooth speaker for the shower that is also portable enough to take outside and use in a variety of other situations.
Gideon Portable Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker with Suction Cup
The Gideon portable waterproof Bluetooth speaker with a suction cup is specifically designed for the bathroom rather than a wider range of uses.
It has a built-in suction cup that can be attached to your shower wall or next to the bathtub, but it doesn’t have a hook or string to hang it elsewhere. Once applied, it will adhere securely to the wall and probably won’t need to be applied too often.
If you’re trying to use it outdoors, the volume may not be enough, but in a tight space like a bathroom, it’s more than enough.
It is designed to be compatible with all types of Bluetooth devices and also with Apple Siri etc.
Pros and Cons of Gideon Portable Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker with Suction Cup
- We particularly like the easy-to-understand operating and control buttons on the front. Although there is no screen, there are large buttons for adjusting the volume and for scrolling back and forth through the tracklist.
- There is a dedicated button for answering calls or speaking to Siri, which makes it extremely user-friendly and easy to use.
- Another positive point is the Bluetooth range. It can be connected to a device up to 15 meters away, giving you more flexibility in how and where to use it.
- It can’t be hung on a lanyard – some people may prefer something more versatile.
- Although it’s waterproof, this is another speaker that can’t be submerged in water so you’ll need to keep it out of the tub.
In short, this is a powerful yet compact speaker designed specifically for the bathroom. If this is what you need, then you should be interested.
BassPal Waterproof IPX7 Shower Enclosure
This is another waterproof shower speaker, this time with LED mood lights to add even more visual appeal.
It has a good battery life of up to eight hours on a single charge. The charging time is also short – it is fully charged and ready for use in just three hours.
At 5W it produces a good sound level with incredibly powerful bass and clear high frequencies. With the integrated suction cup, it’s great for showering, but it’s also perfect for a number of other uses.
Pros and Cons of the BassPal Waterproof IPX7 Shower Enclosure
- One area in which this speaker surpasses many of the others we’ve seen is that it is fully submersible. It can remain on the bottom of up to three feet of water for half an hour without adverse effects. It also floats and would be a great option for hosting pool parties.
- In addition to being waterproof, it’s scratch and dust resistant, so you don’t have to worry about damaging it while you enjoy the party.
- It is compatible with all Bluetooth devices and has a maximum range of around 10 meters, so you can take it with you in wet environments without endangering other electronic devices.
- It has a built-in microphone so you can use it to take calls while you wash, and it also has a radio option if you’d rather hear those than your own songs.
- One small complaint we have is that the buttons aren’t clearly labeled – although it’s pretty easy to control once you get used to it.
In short, this is one of our favorite options. It looks cool, makes a good noise level, and is completely waterproof. If these are qualities you value this speaker should be on your radar.