Sound is an important part of life. Through sound, you will hear the words and statements of the person you are speaking to. Through sound, you appreciate the natural sounds produced by your natural surroundings. Whether you are a gamer or an audiophile, sound becomes an important factor in your gaming or music listening experience.
For this reason, many people prefer to buy surround sound headphones that reproduce clear, crystal clear, and lifelike sound. Indeed, your sound experience will be more intense and enjoyable.
So you notice your friend’s voice or the rustling of leaves not only as a sound but also as a combination of pitch, volume, phase, direction, distance, and timbre.
Factors To Consider When Buying Surround Sound Headphones
If you’re looking to buy surround sound headphones, this guide will help you.
Comfortable on The Ears
When evaluating the comfort features of the headphones you are considering, look for a set of ear cups that will fit snugly over or around your ears. The size of the ear cups is critical to your comfort when using the headphones as well as your ability to hear true surround sound.
Most surround sound headphones have padded ear cups. The padded portion of the ear cups serves three purposes. The first is to protect your ears and the surrounding area from abrasion.
Another is to keep the tone inside.
Another function of the padded ear cups is to passively absorb outside noise, reducing the ability to hear ambient noise from your surroundings.
Comfortable on Your Head
Some headphones have a fixed length that matches the average head. A one size fits all helmet may not be the best for you if your head size isn’t smaller than average. For maximum head comfort, choose a helmet with an adjustable headband.
The headband of most surround sound headphones is usually made of durable plastic or sturdy metal.
For more head comfort, especially if you plan to use your headset for a long time, choose one with a padded head pad or rubber pad.
Many high-end surround sound headphone models offer passive noise reduction functions such as padded ear cups as well as noise suppression functions. Headphones that actively reduce noise use external microphones that pick up outside noise.
To compensate for the noise, a small amplifier creates a sound that is exactly the opposite of the outside noise. When the outside noise and the sound of the amplifier meet, the sound waves cancel each other out. This leads to silence.
Surround sound headphones with active noise canceling usually require batteries or an external power source to operate the noise-canceling features. In particular, if the battery compartment is built into the helmet itself, the batteries can increase the overall weight of the helmet.
Most people will be comfortable with normal headphones, mono headphones, or stereo headphones. However, since you have more demanding needs, look for surround sound headphones that can mimic real surround effects.
As a true audiophile, you deserve a sound experience where you hear as if the objects producing the sound are in the same room as you.
Our Top Pick: List of Top 5 Best Surround Sound Headphones
|Logitech 981-000536 G430 7.1 Gaming Headset with Microphone||Check On Amazon|
|Turtle Beach Ear Force Stealth 450 Headset||Check On Amazon|
|Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Surround Sound Gaming Headset||Check On Amazon|
|Razer Tiamat 7.1 v2 Gaming Headset||Check On Amazon|
|Corsair HS35 Stereo Gaming Headset||Check On Amazon|
These gaming headphones have a comfortable design with a supportive yet flexible headband and beautifully padded cups that use breathable performance material to prevent overheating. The fabric covers slip off and is also washable.
They also have a built-in boom-style foldable microphone that offers noise cancellation and folds completely out of the way. They are highly compatible, easy to use, and have online controls.
- Lightweight design and soft sports fabric ear cups that can be rotated 90 degrees for maximum comfort and a personalized fit
- Noise-canceling foldable boom mic that reduces background noise for clear vocals and rotates up and out of the way
- Volume controls and mute switches are available for quick audio settings
Read Our Latest Article On Bluetooth Surround Sound Speakers.
The Turtle Beach Ear Force Stealth 450 offers 2 different DTS modes as well as several EQ presets that you can use to customize your hearing to your liking.
The headband has an ergonomic pad in the middle to relieve skull pressure and lift the rigid headband off the head itself. It has a good adjustment range, but some users have found it to be smaller.
The speakers have a large membrane and measure 50 mm. They are oval-shaped for better insulation. The auricles are swiveled and sufficiently padded again to offer more comfort. It has a flexible gooseneck microphone for clear communication in the game.
- 100% completely wireless, for crystal clear gaming and chat audio
- DTS surround sound modes make it easy to customize your audio settings with a variety of audio presets and sound modes.
- High quality 50mm drivers
The Logitech G933 has an ergonomic construction made of durable materials with a square headband that helps maintain pressure. They have skin-friendly and super comfortable sports mesh ear cups. The headband uses the same padding for added comfort.
These surround sound headphones also benefit from advanced Pro-GTM anti-distortion audio drivers that incorporate hybrid mesh for great sound quality.
- It’s the perfect headset for all of your devices including PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, and any TV with USB or RCA audio output
- It offers 12 hours of wireless battery life without lighting or 8 hours with standard lighting when connected wirelessly with no lag. This is also available with analog cable connections for unlimited connectivity.
The Razer Tiamat 7.1 V2 is a true analog PC gaming headset with 7.1 surround sound and 10 discrete drivers, five per earbud that creates an impressive soundstage essential for precise positional sound and deep gaming immersion.
Each ear cup contains a 40mm subwoofer, 30mm front (L / R) and center speakers, and 20mm surround back and side speakers that work together to create very precise directional sound.
- Real 7.1 surround sound with 10 discrete speakers, 5 in each auricle, ensure precise positioning accuracy
- Audio control unit for complete sound customization
- Premium comfort and durability for longer play
- Developed for natural sound reproduction and the disposable pickup can be lowered or reversed as required.
The headset is comfortable, the detachable microphone will involve the wearer in team calls, and the easy access control makes in-game audio tuning a quick affair.
Unlike many of its competitors, the HS35 headphones have matched 50mm drivers that offer respectable audio depth and separation, as well as a clear distinction between frequencies.
- Cross-platform use with PC, Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and mobile devices may require a Microsoft 3.5mm adapter (sold separately).
- Detachable unidirectional microphone, fully detachable and optimized for voice quality while reducing ambient noise so you can be heard loud and clear
- With the on-ear volume control and mute function, you can adjust the settings on the fly without deviating from the game