Kanye West is a multi talented personality who is also known as “Ye”. He is award winning singer and rapper. He also worked as an entrepreneur, record producer and fashion designer.
Biography and Physical Features
Contents of the Article
He was born on June 8, 1977 in Atlanta United States. His zodiac sign is Gemini. He is an American Nationality holder and keeps African-American Ethnicity. His father’s name is Ray west who was a photojournalist and mother is Dr. Donda C. She worked in the department of English in Clark Atlanta University and at Chicago State University as a Professor.
He married to Kim Kardashian in May 24, 2014. His wife is a famous television personality and worked as an actress and model. The couple has three children. Their first child was a daughter named North West who was born on June 15, 2013.
They welcomed second child on December 5, 2015. He was son, named as Saint West. On 15 January 2018, she gave birth to their third baby, Chicago West. She is also daughter and born by surgery due to extra wait. Kim showed pleasure on became the mother of a healthy and beautiful baby girl.
Kanye West’s complexion is dark and looks attractive. He keeps a sober personality. His height is 5 feet and 8 inches or 1.73 meters. He has body weight around 75kg. His hair color is black and eye color is Dark brown.
Education and Career
West got admission in Polaris High School that was situated in Chicago. He started to write poetry at the age of five. His interest in music and poetry was observed by his mother when he was studying in third standard. When he was ten years old, his mother had to move to Nanjing, China. Kanye West also enrolled there. Due to difficulty in language, he got A’s and B’s grades. When he was in seventh grade, he started making musical composition. At the age of thirteen, he wrote “Green Eggs and Ham”.
It was a rap song. He insisted his mother to pay in a recording studio. Finally at the age of fifteen, he got his first sampler and pleased a lot on receiving his electronic musical instrument. He completed graduation from high school. In 1997, he received a scholarship to study at Chicago’s American Academy of Art. He attended the academy and began painting but shortly he transferred to Chicago State University, where he had to study English but West dropped out of college at the age of twenty and he he preferred to chase his musical dream instead of learning more in a collage.
Initially, he worked in small productions as a producer. His heart really wanted to be a rapper and he did it in 2002 when he released his first Album ‘Death’ and soon he released his second album named ‘The College Dropout’. Both albums were very successful and people quickly began to aware from who is Kanye West.
In 2005, he worked on a new album named ‘Late Registration’. In 2007, his album ‘Graduation’ had peaked him at the highest rank. He continued his work with great hits and won immense Awards during his career.
The list of nominations and awards received by Kanye West is very larde. He received 725 nominations during his career and he won 239 Awards from them. Here is a brief description of his winning awards.
- He won two American Music Awards in 2006 and 2008 as “Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Male Artist” and also for “Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Male Artist”.
- He won three Antville Music Video Awards, named “Best Urban Video”, “Hype Williams Award” and “Best Commissioning Artist”.
- In 2010, he won “Stylemaker Award” from Accessories Council Excellence Awards.
- In 2016, his song ‘FourFiveSeconds’ won ASCAP Awards as “Hot 100 Winning Songs”.
- He won 8 Awards from ASCAP Pop Music Awards as “Most Performed Songs” in 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2012.
- From 2002-2017, he has received total 32 Awards from ASCAP Rhythm & Soul Music Awards association.
- He won 10 BET Awards as “Best New Artist”, “Best Male Hip Hop Artist”, “Best Collaboration” and others.
- He Garnered 19 Awards from BET Hip Hop Awards association in different years.
- In 2015, he received “Visionary Award” from BET Honours.
- Kanye West was the winner of 6 awards in 2004 and 2005 from Billboard Music Awards association as the “Rap Artist of the Year”, “Hot 100 Songwriter of the Year” and others.
- In 2006, he won two Awards Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Awards.
- He received 3 awards from Brit Awards in 2006, 2008 and 2009 as “International Male Solo Artist”.
- Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Power Players Event honored him with two Awards in 2017 and 2018.
- He won 5 awards from BMI and 6 awards from BMI Pop Awards association.
- He won 34 awards with different labels from BMI R&B/Hip-Hop Awards association during the years 2004-2018.
The further detail about the awards and nomination of Kanye West is available at following link:
Kanye West net worth
Kanye west has continued several ventures. Although he earned a lot from his music career but his other sources of income are also valuable. His early work also contributed to increase Kanye West net worth as his debut album named “The College Dropout” was the best selling album that sold 400,000 copies in its first weak. According to celebritynetworth.com, he has net worth of $250 million. In 2007, his annual earning was $17 million that was reached to $28 million per year till 2018.
Social Media Activist
Kanye West remains busy to complete his work in a perfect way, may be this is the reason of his huge awards winning act. He is not a social media worm and does not like to share everyday activity at facebook or Instagram till yet. He has just a Twitter account that he made on July 2010.
Currently he has 29.3 million followers there. His fans love him a lot and have made their profiles on the name of Kanye west at Facebook and Instagram, where they share his pictures and other related information. Besides social media activities, he has made his website.
Watch his beautiful video at his blog. Also watch his interviews and listen songs at Kanye West YouTube Channel that has 4,982,677 subscribers. Follow the links that are mentioned below to keep yourself update by your favorite celebrity.
Quotes by Kanye West
“My goal, if I was going to do art, fine art, would have been to become Picasso or greater. That always sounds so funny to people, comparing yourself to someone in the past that has done so much, and in your life, you’re not even allowed to think that you can do as much. That’s a mentality that suppresses humanity.”
“I was never really good at anything except for the ability to learn.”
“People will have a problem with whatever you do. At the end of the day, nobody can determine what you need to do in order to be successful and why would you listen to someone who is not successful tell you what you need to do?”