You can quickly connect a Bose Soundlink Mini Bluetooth speaker to your iPhone or Android device. Almost all Bose Soundlink mini speakers use a similar Bluetooth pairing method.
How to Pair a Bose Soundlink Mini Speaker With Your Phone?
When a brand new Bose Soundlink Mini speaker you are ready to go. On the speaker, tap the power icon. If the power indicator is red, it needs charging; if it is orange, the battery is half full; Green means the battery is full.
The Bluetooth speaker should go into pairing mode the first time you turn it on. If you need to change the language, tap the plus (+) and minus (-) icons to scroll through the options.
Activate sound-link mini speaker with your phone’s Bluetooth settings:
- On iOS devices: Go to Settings> Bluetooth and tap the on / green Bluetooth toggle switch. Under My Devices, select Bose Soundlink.
- On Android devices: Go to Settings> Connected Devices> Connection Settings> tap the Bluetooth/green toggle switch. Click on pair and select Bose Soundlink.
The speaker’s Bluetooth indicator will blink blue when it’s ready to connect. It blinks white when connected and glows solid white when connected to a device.
How to Connect Bose Mini Speaker to Computer?
Press the Bluetooth logo on your Bose for 5 seconds. Until it flashes red and blue.
- On your computer click on the Bluetooth settings and find your Bose.
- Click on “Connect” or “Pairing” or something similar.
- And your speakers say “connected to (whatever your computer name is)”
Troubleshooting Bose SoundLink Mini
There can be the following Possibilities:
- My Bose sound-link mini speaker does not switch on when it is connected to the mains
2. My speaker is plugged but won’t turn on.
3. Bad connection to the socket
The solution can be:
- Make sure your speaker is plugged into a working electrical outlet.
- Check the connections between the speaker and the power adapter to make sure it is connected properly.
- If you are using a surge protector, check that it is working properly.
4. Wrong power supply/charger
- If the speaker still does not turn on, the power supply may be defective. As a result, you may have to buy a new one.
- Be sure to use the power adapter that came with your speaker when purchasing, as other power adapters may not be compatible.
5. My Bose Mini Speaker Does Not Turn on when using the battery
6. The battery is charged, but my speaker still won’t turn on.
7. Speaker settings are affected
- If your speaker is not charged or used within 14 days, it will go into protection mode. To correct this setting, you must reconnect the speaker to an electrical outlet.
8. Bad battery/Bad charge
- If the battery is defective, you may need to replace it. Click this link to learn how to replace the battery: Replacing the Bose SoundLink Mini battery.
- Another underlying problem can be load. Make sure the battery is sufficiently charged by plugging it back into the wall socket.
9. My sound-link mini speaker indicates a connection, but no music is playing
10. The Bluetooth indicator shows a connection, but my music won’t play when I start a song.
11. Device connection/audio playback issues
- Although the SoundLink Mini indicates a connection to your device, the device may not be paired yet. Check your device’s Bluetooth settings to make sure it is paired with the SoundLink Mini.
- The devices have transport controls that enable audio playback. If these controls are not set to play audio, no audio will be output to the SoundLink Mini.
- If you have other devices that are currently using Bluetooth, turn them off with the speakerphone and the device you want to pair. Once everything is off, simply turn on the speakerphone and device to begin pairing.
12. Problems with speaker settings
- Another possible problem could be that the volume on the SoundLink Mini is set too low or even muted. Adjust the volume properly to see if this may be the problem or not.
- If the speaker volume is set to an audible level, check that the volume on your device is also correct.
13. No sound from my Bose sound-link speaker
14. My speaker is not playing music on my device.
15. SoundLink Mini settings/connection problems
- Make sure the SoundLink Mini is not muted and the volume is set to the desired level. You can also check that the SoundLink Mini shows a connection with the desired device.
- The device you are using also shows a connection. Make sure the device you are using with the SoundLink Mini is connected via Bluetooth and is playing music at the correct hearing level.
- Another problem could be that your device is out of range of the Bluetooth signal. Put it within easy reach of the SoundLink Mini to make sure it works.
16. Interference from outdoor units
- Remove these devices from the SoundLink Mini and your device to ensure that it can connect. Outdoor devices can include but are not limited to microwave ovens, cordless phones, network routers, and other Bluetooth devices.
- If there are other external devices using Bluetooth functions, turn them off or turn off the function.
17. Too many devices on my Bose mini speaker pairing list
You may need to clear your pairing list by following these simple steps:
- Press and hold the Bluetooth button on the speaker for about 10 seconds until you hear a sound. The speaker deletes all Bluetooth devices from its memory and is discoverable.
- Delete the list on your Bluetooth device. For more information, you will need to contact the manufacturer for assistance with your device.
Also Read: Best Bose Speakers for Music