Studio headphones are known to provide detailed, natural, and efficient frequency distribution. They have the ability to produce high volume levels with balanced audio output for each ear. They can occasionally be used up to the most demanding studio routines.
It is not easy to choose the best studio headphones under 200 for your recording equipment. There are tons of sub-200 quality studio headphones out there that provide great sound.
Before making a decision, you need to think about the sound quality, build quality, and comfort of the headphones. Sound quality is obviously the most important factor to consider.
Things to Consider When Choosing the Best Studio Headphones Under 200
Part of the build quality depends on how the headphones fit your ears. There are two models to consider:
- On-Ear: The on-ear headphones have shells that completely cover your ears. This type tends to block the sound better. They’re also more comfortable, which is useful if you want to wear them for hours on end during long recording sessions.
- Over the ears: Over-the-ear headphones have ear pads that fit against your ears. These are usually more compact and more convenient to take with you. It’s a great choice for a musician who is always on the go, traveling from studio to studio.
You should also consider how these headphones feel when you wear them. Padded headbands are desirable as they allow the headphones to sit comfortably over your head without digging into your scalp.
Both on-ear and over-the-ear headphones should have enough cushioning so you can wear them for long sessions. They also hold tight so they don’t slide off during your recording and mixing sessions. Make sure the pair you get is adjustable so it doesn’t cause pain or discomfort.
For the best studio headphones under 200, you need a device that is built to last. Look for the components that connect the headband to the cups.
When it comes to comfort, keep in mind that you will likely be wearing these headphones for hours. So make sure you choose one with the properly shaped ear cups and the right material for the ear cups. Leather can be damp, poly leather can tear and wear out badly over time.
Sweat can also degrade the material if it is not cared for. When choosing the best studio headphones under 200, the ear cups are much more comfortable than the ear cups for long periods of time.
Sound quality is the most important factor to consider when choosing the best studio headphones under 200. When listening to music, there is nothing wrong with splitting a track. The sound is “colored” or different from the recorded version. However, when you mix a track, the sound needs to be as clear as possible.
Some musicians and mixers may accept a shorter cable length. However, you can consider getting headphones with a long cable length.
About 4 feet is a standard length, but some headphones come with longer cables. You may also want to purchase extension cords, but they are difficult to connect every time. However, they give you much more mobility when recording your musical creations.
The frequency, measured in Hertz (Hz), determines the pitch of your music. The upper limit is the treble sound and the lower limit is the bass sound.
If you need to hear a large area of the audio spectrum while mixing and recording, make sure your headphones have adequate frequency response.
The average man can hear sounds ranging from 20 to 20,000 Hz. The best studio headphones under 200 will be able to replicate sounds within this range. Some may even produce sounds outside of this range, which can be helpful if your music is incorporating particularly soft or loud noises.
Our Top Pick 5 Best Studio Headphones Under 200
|Sony MDR-7506 Closed-Back Professional Headphones||Check On Amazon|
|ATH-M50X Professional Studio Monitor Headphones||Check On Amazon|
|Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Over-Ear Studio Headphones||Check On Amazon|
|AKG Q 701 Quincy Jones Signature Headphones||Check On Amazon|
|Shure SRH1540 Premium Closed-Back Headset||Check On Amazon|
These very high-quality, discreet, and lightweight reference headphones are designed to be comfortable to wear for long periods of time. They are therefore ideal for use in broadcast and studio environments. A 40 mm PET membrane and a neodymium magnet offer performance that exceeds the requirements of digital audio sources.
- Neodymium magnets and 40-millimeter drivers for powerful, detailed sound
- The closed-ear offers comfort and an exceptional reduction in outside noise
- Can be folded up in the protective cover provided for storage or take with you
Why choose Sony MDR7506?
This is one of the best studio headphones under 200. It features comfortable ear pads, a headband, and a closed design that is best for recording or everyday use. It also comes with a soft bag to take with you on the go.
You May Also Read Our Review Article Best Mic for YouTube Videos.
The Audio-Technica ATH-M50x professional studio headphones are among the best studio headphones under 200. This headphone features external noise cancellation and comfort level.
- Exclusive 45-millimeter drivers with a large aperture, rare earth magnets, and copper-clad voice coils made of aluminum wire
- Exceptional clarity over a wide frequency range with a deep and precise bass response
- Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent soundproofing in noisy environments
Why choose the Audio-Technica ATH-M50X?
The Audio-Technica ATH-M50x professional studio headphones offer fantastic sound and are available at a reasonable price.
The comfortable Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 250 Ohm headphones combine technology and comfort. These headphones are arguably one of the best studio headphones under 200 when it comes to comfort. The bass reflex and diffuse field systems installed in it make it an excellent bass reflex. This gives you really great sound quality.
- Closed over-ear headphones for professional studio mixing
- Perfect for studio recordings thanks to its pure, high-resolution sound
- Soft velour, circumaural and reusable ear pads ensure high wearing comfort
- Robust, durable, and robust construction Made in Germany
- Convenient single-ended cable (3.0 m coiled cable)
Why choose the Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO?
The Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO-250 Ohm is perfect for combining comfort and good sound quality.
The AKG Q 701 Quincy Jones Sig Premium headphones not only offer incredible comfort but also excellent sound quality at the same time. Flat wire voice coil technology provides extremely precise sound and transient response.
- Scalable flat-wire voice coil technology for extremely precise sound and transient response
- Patented Varimotion two-layer membrane for sparkling highs and precise bass reproduction
- High-performance neodymium magnet system for minimal distortion, single-sided high-performance cable with 99.99% oxygen-free high-performance cable
- Comfortable and specially shaped ear pads for a perfect fit
Why choose AKG Q 701, Quincy Jones?
The AKG Q 701 Quincy Jones Sig Premium Earphones offer comfort, exceptional sound quality, and meet all of your sound needs.
The Shure SRH1540 Premium Closed-Back Recording Headphones are made by Shure, one of the best brands in the business. With incredibly warm bass, they can deliver unmatched acoustic performance thanks to the 40mm neodymium drivers.
The design of these headphones is cumbersome. This improves your comfort and also helps reduce outside noise. These headphones are made from the same materials as airplanes. So you know these headphones are extremely durable.
- 40mm neodymium drivers provide excellent acoustic performance for an extended soundstage with clear, wide highs and warm lows
- The closed over-ear design sits comfortably over the ears and reduces background noise. Lightweight, fully adjustable, ergonomic, padded double-frame headband for hours of listening comfort
- The speaker frame improves linearity and eliminates internal resonance for consistent performance at all listening levels.
Why choose the Shure SRH1540 Premium closed-back headphones?
The Shure SRH1540 Premium Closed-Back Recording Headphones are class and a must-have for you, whether you are an audiophile or a professional.