Audio can make or break a video if you don’t choose the right microphone to create your YouTube videos. However, there are a lot of great microphones for YouTube videos. But what’s the best mic for YouTube videos?
Types Of Mic For YouTube Videos
There are two types of microphones that are ideal for those interested in vlogging:
These are very small microphones that you can hang on your clothes. They are useful when you don’t want to look at a condenser microphone while speaking. These microphones are omnidirectional, but the noise is easy to suppress because they are placed close to your mouth. You can hide them in your clothes, but you won’t be able to move as the microphone will pick up the sound of your clothes rubbing against them. The best way to use them is to clip them to the outside part of your clothing.
These are the most common microphones that can be connected to your digital SLR camera. They have a very narrow area to pick up sound in the front and they pick up sound waves from other directions. They don’t amplify the sound as most people think. They only have a very narrow sensitive area to detect sound waves approaching their front end. They’re really good at long-range shooting.
List of Best Mic for YouTube Videos
The most important thing you need to be able to vlog is a good microphone. The camera comes second. After all, no one will subscribe to your channel if they don’t hear you well.
Listed below are some of the best mic for YouTube videos.
|Blue Yeti USB Mic||Check On Amazon|
|Apogee MiC Plus||Check On Amazon|
|Rode VideoMic Pro+ Shotgun Microphone||Check On Amazon|
|Blue Snowball iCE USB Mic||Check On Amazon|
|Audio-Technica AT2020USB+ USB Microphone||Check On Amazon|
Let Discuss the Best Mic for YouTube Videos One By One Completely
1. Blue Yeti USB Mic – Best for Recording and Streaming on PC and Mac
The Blue Yeti was designed to be as flexible as possible. It is a three-capsule network with three capacitor elements.
With a selection of polar graphs, you can switch between omnidirectional or bidirectional models, as well as cardioid and stereo models. It also records your 16-bit / 48 kHz audio. To ensure latency-free monitoring, it has an independent gain control and a headphone amplifier.
- Three Capsule Network – 3 condenser capsules can record almost any situation.
- Multiple patterns to choose from – cardioid, bidirectional, omnidirectional, and stereo.
- Gain, mute button, and a headphone output with no latency.
- Perfect for vocals, musical instruments, podcasts, voiceovers, interviews, field recordings, and conference calls.
Why choose the Blue Yeti USB microphone?
The microphone also has a mute and gain control, that way you can control what is happening. If you get feedback or distortion while recording, you can simply adjust the microphone to gain control to reduce sensitivity. And it comes with a 3.5mm headphone jack so you can hear what’s going on with no latency.
Read Our Review Article On Best studio headphones under 200
2. Apogee MiC Plus – Studio Quality USB Condenser Microphone
It’s a great little microphone. It’s easy to carry in your pocket and weighs just eight ounces. Despite its size, this is a powerful microphone with some great features that allow you to use it in a number of different ways.
The Apogee uses a cardioid capsule to filter out off-axis noise and gives you a preamp gain of 46dB, which is more than enough to work. As a cardioid, it gives you excellent unwanted sound suppression and studio-level quality.
- Pure digital connection for perfect sound quality up to 24 bit/ 96 kHz
- 46 dB microphone preamp gain, digitally controlled for greater precision
- Powerful headphone output with merge function for latency-free recording
- No setup required, just plug in and save
Why choose the Apogee MiC Plus?
It includes a 3-color LED display and headphone mix control that enables latency-free monitoring. Muting and input amplification are also available.
The control signal mix and input controls are located on the front of the microphone, while the USB port and headphone output are out of the way at the bottom.
The Rode VideoMic Pro + is an addition to the category of the most powerful mics on the market. It is one of the true shotgun microphones designed for use with camcorders, digital SLR cameras, and portable audio recorders as the primary and reference audio source.
With the best Rycote Lyre suspension system onboard, the VideoMic Pro + improves the existing VideoMic Pro capsule/conduit tube and windshield, and benefits from a host of new features.
- With the best, Rycote Lyre suspension system onboard, the VideoMic Pro + improves the existing VideoMic Pro capsule and windshield, and benefits from a host of new features.
- The integrated battery compartment cover makes it easy to change the battery.
- The VideoMic Pro + can be powered with the brand new Rode LB-1 lithium-ion battery, 2 AA batteries, or continuously via micro USB.
Why choose Rode VideoMic Pro +?
It has the auto-power function (with plug-in availability) which is perfect for the run-and-gun shooter and automatically turns off the microphone when it is disconnected from the camera.
4. Blue Snowball iCE USB Mic – Best for Recording and Streaming on PC and Mac
This is the most affordable and one of the best mic for YouTube videos. This microphone allows you to switch between two modes: omnidirectional and cardioid.
It is also available in different colors. It’s cool if you want to show it off on your videos or just for your personal taste.
- The custom condenser capsule delivers crystal clear audio for Skype, Messages, and FaceTime
- Record vocals, create podcasts and add narration to your home videos
- Add crystal clear sound to recordings for YouTube. Frequency response: 40 – 18 kHz
- Easily plug and play right on your Mac or PC – no drivers to install
- Snowball iCE is a USB 2.0 device
Why choose the Blue Snowball iCE USB Mic?
Whether you’re doing Skype interviews, streaming games live on Twitch or communicating around the world, you’ll be heard loud and clear.
You May Also Read Best 3.5 mm Audio Cable.
It has a mixer control that allows you to mix your microphone signal and the recorded audio. The headphone jack volume control allows you to monitor the microphone signal without delay.
- Condenser microphone with USB output for digital recording
- High-quality 16-bit A / D converter with a sampling rate of 44.1 / 48 kilohertz for excellent sound
- You can monitor the microphone signal without delay via the headphone socket with volume control
- The mixer controls allow you to mix your microphone signal and recorded audio
- The high-powered internal headphone amplifier offers superior clarity and musical detail, as well as a higher overall volume
- Compatible with Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000, and Mac OS X.
Why choose the Audio-Technica AT2020USB?
Ideal for podcasts, home studio recordings, field recordings, and voiceovers.